CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING: PREVENTION AND ADVICE
CARBON MONOXIDE is a colourless and odourless toxic gas which, if breathed in, can lead to serious consequences including death. The first symptoms of poisoning are headaches, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and confusion.
It is found in the combustion fumes produced by braziers, stoves, cookers, heaters, boilers, open fireplaces and in the exhaust fumes from vehicles. It is produced from these sources especially when there is not enough air to ensure adequate combustion and is dangerous if it is concentrated in closed spaces such as rooms in a house, garage or basement.